- TheCapeRock.com Endorses What's-His-Name, The Libertarian, For President
Make your vote count by throwing it away.
- I'll Put It Bluntly: Fee Offices Must Go
Eminent domain is only the tip of the iceberg.
- Redbirds Ripoff: The World's Most Expensive Garage Sale
The Cardinals care about their fans... money
- I Hate To Gloat, But...
Despite the seriousness of the rioting in France, it's hard not to smile.
- Kansas Suffering From Serious Inferiority Complex
There's no reason to emulate California.
- PORK = Projects Organized for Receiving Kickbacks
Compassionate conservatism is just another name for "tax-and-spend".
- The Solution to Chicago Corruption
We should use surveillance machines to put an end to political machines.
- Rated 'T' For Tyrant
We face a far greater threat than violent video games
- We Now Have Three Regular Readers!
At this rate, we'll achieve world domination in the year 3,109,412,911,191 A.D.
- Welcome To Cape, The City of a Thousand Prostitutes
Just when you thought Cape couldn't get any more screwy... it happens.
- Let's face it, Interstate 66 will likely bypass Cape
Kentucky is probably going to win this battle.
- I Wish I Were A Middle Eastern Dictator
How come Saddam gets all the breaks?
- "Hi, this is Kit Bond and I'm here to annoy the crap out of you!"
I hate it when the phone rings.
- "Weird" Al Is Big At The Home
Welcome to the generation gap.
- When Did Sen. Carnahan Become A Republican?
When it comes to Carnahan vs. Talent, we can be sure of one thing: A conservative will win.
- Kentucky Declares War On Illinois
As Dave Barry would say...
- Making Laclede Gas Co. Safe For Capitalism
I wish I could demand special favors from the government for my business.
- A Rose By Any Other Nickname
Coming soon to an election ballot near you: Bear, Duck, Rabbit, and Toupie.
- There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (Or Ballpark)
Proponents of a new Cardinals stadium claim it won't cost taxpayers a dime. Yeah, right.
- Bob Holden Deserves An 'A'
The Missouri Governor does have some "accomplishments".
- Missouri shouldn't cast stones
Missouri's own history is littered with examples of atrocity and discrimination.
- Let's add another star to the flag
This is the final straw. It's time for Southern Illinois to secede.
- Yes! The State Legislature Has Adjourned!
The Missouri legislature is no longer in session, so your life, liberty, and property is safe until next year.
- Evaluating Class Evaluations
SEMO students should be able to evaluate the method by which classes are evaluated.
- A Solution To The Cardinals Stadium Problem
We've got a plan that will please the Cardinals and the taxpayers of Missouri.
- Let's Hope Planning & Zoning Never Returns To Cape County
People in other parts of the country might regret voting "yes" on planning and zoning.
- Do We Have A President Or A King?
Just how much control does the President actually have over the economy?
- Won't Somebody Please Think Of The Baseball Players?
Major league baseball teams really need our sympathy and support right now.
- Missouri's Racial Profiling Law: Good Idea, Bad Implementation
It's no surprise that many small, rural police departments have failed to comply with Missouri's new racial profiling law.
- Tragedy -- Or Golden Opportunity To Pursue Your Political Agenda?
When a tragedy occurs, please don't jump up and down and scream "Yes!!" just because it bolsters your particular political agenda.
- Pro-Vegetarian Ads In Southeast Missouri? Huh?
Missouri is the last place you'd expect people to stop eating meat.
- Loss Limits? Nah, We Need Gain Limits -- For Casinos
We have a plan to make Missouri the number one state for gambling.
- There Ought To Be A Law! Or Several Laws!
If CON is the opposite of PRO, does that mean CONgress is the opposite of PROgress? Maybe we can change that.
- Are You Opposed To Bush's Tax Cut?
Nothing says you can't pay more taxes than you're supposed to.
- It's Open Season On "Liberal Hippies"
Well, it may not come to that, but you never know with the antics of the General Assembly.
- Ode to Iben Browning: Ten Years After
In 1990, Missouri was the laughing stock of the nation, not Florida.
- A Foul Taste
The city shouldn't be so quick to shut down The Taste Lounge.
- There's One Thing We Can All Agree On: Dan Rather Needs To Go!
The biggest scandal may not be the mess in Florida, but the mess on TV.
- Holding My Nose, and Heading Straight For The Bush
You gotta do what you gotta do: vote for the lesser evil.
- Neumeyer's Latest Ad Stinks of Desperation
"Married with children" is not a job requirement for elected office.
- Show-Me Sympathy: The U.S. Senate is not an entry-level job
Are you sure you really want to vote for a dead man?
- This Is My Property, Darnit!
We've found a solution to Missouri's picayune campaign finance law.
- Overdosing on Prescription Drugs
Just say no to Federal prescription drug programs.
- Enough New York, Already!
Everyone likes to pretend the Midwest doesn't exist.
- Carnahan's Final Campaign Stop
We would like to express our regrets and condolences over the death of Mel Carnahan
- "Educide" -- It Should Be A Crime
Depriving a student of the right to a free education is what I called "educide" -- and it should be a crime.
- Brilliant! Let's Improve Safety By Reducing Highway Funding!
If highway funding is cut at the whim of Congress, safety will certainly decrease.
- Let's See Carnahan and Ashcroft Wrestle in a Cage Match
This year's Missouri elections are highly amusing.
- In Praise of Negative Campaigns
You simply can't have a good election without negative campaign ads.
- Do they have demolition derbies in heaven?
I have a confession to make: I love demolition derbies.
- Redneck Nature, or Redneck Nurture?
How to raise a bona-fide Redneck.
- Does "Bellweather" Mean "Bandwagon"?
Missouri is a key state in the Presidential election.
- It's Open Season on Billy Bigmouth Bass
Let's put a stop to talking wall ornaments.
- The Obligatory Election Roundup
The results are in from the August 8th primary election.
- Is Cape Racially Divided?
Well, duh. Of course it is, just like any other city.
- Everyone's Upset Over High Gas Prices -- Including Environmentalists
People are responding to the high gas prices in irrational ways.
- School administrators: Choose your battles wisely
A student in Jonesboro, Arkansas was suspended from school for his webpage. This type of case has happened before: with the school losing.
- Warning: Tobacco money can cause headaches, depression, and a deep-seated hatred of lawyers and politicians
Apparently it's okay to receive a job from the state official you just gave campaign contributions to.
- A Man and His Car: A Love Story
To a Southeast Missourian, a car is everything.
- City Residents Surprised By Lack Of Road Construction
For a brief period, the city is virtually free of orange barrels and "ROAD CLOSED" signs.
- Delta and St. Louis: A Contrast in Speed Traps
Delta isn't the only town accused of operating a ticket trap. They're just the first to admit it.
- Forget Microsoft; Break Up Wal-Mart
We're all overlooking the worst monopoly of all: Wal-Mart.
- Three Cheers for Global Warming
Global warming is not necessarily a catastrophe.
- Everyone Wants A Taxpayer-Funded Stadium, Except Taxpayers
Do baseball teams really need state handouts?
- Cape Residents Looking Forward To Spring Cleanup
If you put junk out on the curb, they will come.
- Bachelor Gourmet: A Treatise in Unhealthy Living
Southeast Missouri cuisine that's anything but lean.
- Don't Vote? Then Don't Bitch
Yet another election year rant.
- A 25 Year Old Urban Legend Strikes Cape
Hoaxes belong in the trash can, not in a newspaper's Opinion page.
- Daylight? No, We Need Headache Saving Time!
It's time to quit changing the time.
- Riverfest Cancelled; No One Notices
SEMO District Fair vs. Riverfest: This town is only big enough for one.
- Welcome to Cape. Now, Leave.
Open a "Hooters" type business next to a day care and you'll be guaranteed a never ending stream of controversy.
- The Cape Rock Is Now Online
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first article.